Question:
Whats your favorite Southern recipe and why?
2006-02-28 11:46:21 UTC
My grandmother makes fried corn that i love as well as other items.. tell me about your fav southern and/or soul food recipes. THANKS!!
Seven answers:
dilly
2006-02-28 12:03:02 UTC
green beans and new potatoes cooked with a ham "butt" in the crock pot all day. It's so simple and inexpensive, but one of my favorite meals!
zapit
2006-02-28 19:50:48 UTC
I lived in Texas for almost a year and went on this family reunion where everybody had to bring their dish.I just loved the sweet patatoe pie.It is just something that Is not made where I live now, we don't even grow sweet patatoes, its a rarety if you see them in the shops and very expensive. mmm its so yummy.Most of the people here don't even know what it it and how it tastes like.
mwarner621
2006-02-28 20:13:35 UTC
For some reason, every dish in the south that looks or sounds appealing contains pork or, if far enough south, catfish or shellfish. I'm Jewish! Anything without pork catfish, or shellfish is terrific.
zaaaaaa
2006-02-28 19:53:32 UTC
Collard greens. mmm so good, especially if when served you slice very thinly some onion and tomato and add some italian dressing, gives it an extra kick, its really good.
cecilia
2006-02-28 21:52:52 UTC
southern fried chicken is the best!
JuIcY*Cherry
2006-02-28 21:19:51 UTC
probably fried chicken because it's juicy and crunchy
2006-02-28 21:26:30 UTC
my mawmaw makes the BEST collard greens!!!