Question:
How to keep pancakes warm at a potluck?
qwerty
2012-04-30 14:20:58 UTC
We are having a breakfast potluck tomorrow morning for one of my classes. I am going to bring chocolate chip pancakes and I was trying to find a way to keep the pancakes warm. I was thinking about just putting them in a crock pot on warm. Would they get soggy or tough in the crock pot? Do you have any other ideas?
Ten answers:
Lucja B.
2012-05-02 08:20:52 UTC
To keep pancakes warm and tender, use a sheet of aluminum foil or a ovenproof plate or pan, layer the pancakes up as they are done, covering loosely with foil, and keep in a 200 degree oven for twenty minutes. For a phenomenal pancake, brush each side with a little butter before layering. (The same thing is true for reheating frozen pancakes – a little butter brushed on the ones reheated in the oven makes them truly special. Obviously this will not be appropriate for a toaster.)

To keep waffles warm and crisp so all may be served at one time, spread out on a single layer directly on the oven rack. They will keep for about twenty minutes at 200 degrees
eager
2016-11-08 05:15:51 UTC
Keep Pancakes Warm
2015-08-13 18:56:47 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

2016-03-19 12:59:56 UTC
You can get a rack with burners under it to put your foil pan in and this will keep your lasagna hot. Another idea is to make something in the crockpot and then all you have to do is cook it at your house and then plug it in when you get to the potluck. Spaghetti would work, or use your lasagna ingredients, but substitute some other kind of pasta for the lasagna noodles.
Dickie
2016-10-29 15:11:21 UTC
I use a tortilla container to keep pancakes warm
?
2017-02-18 21:18:39 UTC
All fruits are fruit and vegetables. A "vegetable" is a plant, any part of which is employed for food.
Zark
2012-04-30 14:26:28 UTC
rub alluminum foil with a very very light coating of melted butter or veg oil

stack em up on that with alternating alluminum foil and leave in crock pot or oven on very low
?
2016-09-20 13:44:50 UTC
That's correct
?