Question:
Where would I find gluten in the supermarket.I need 1 1/4tsp for a recipe but I don't know where to find it
langrco
2006-02-14 08:45:09 UTC
Where would I find gluten in the supermarket.I need 1 1/4tsp for a recipe but I don't know where to find it
Five answers:
zen
2006-02-15 06:35:07 UTC
At my grocery store, it is in the same area as the flour.

Look on a shelf either way up high, or way down low. That is where most grocery stores shelve items that are not high-volume sellers.

Or, try a health food store.

I add it when I make bread in my bread machine.

"It is added to BREAD FLOUR to give extra rise and consistency (that is why bakers use it)

-- It is added at high altutudes to provide extra elasticity."
2016-05-20 03:16:27 UTC
1
ph62198
2006-02-14 12:55:41 UTC
Vital Gluten may be what your are looking for. I don't think that is available in the gorcery. Its more of specality item, try a bakery that specalizes in artisan breads. If its a recipe that has all purpose flour then sub bread flour for part of the AP.
Springer
2006-02-14 09:10:38 UTC
Gluten is basicaly Jello, without flavor and color.

I would try the Jello isle, I do know that they sell it by itself, it comes in a box like what jello does.
troubledyouthafg
2006-02-14 08:58:42 UTC
CAN YOU EVEN BUY GLUTIN BY ITSELF??