Question:
Difference between cookie scoop and ice cream scoop?
Summer
2013-11-20 05:58:10 UTC
I have really been wanting a set of cookie scoops to make cookies and have them be a uniform size and shape. I have been looking and all the cookie scoops I find are at least 10 dollars a piece. However, I found ice cream scoops that look just like the cookie scoops and it is only 10 dollars for a set of three. I was wondering if it would be the same thing? I have posted the two links below. Thanks!

COOKIE SCOOP: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002MPTUM/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

ICE CREAM SCOOP: http://www.amazon.com/Vktech-Stainless-Steel-Baller-Middle/dp/B00B6WT9OO/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1384955829&sr=1-2&keywords=cookie+scoop
Ten answers:
?
2016-12-11 01:21:12 UTC
Cookie Scoop Sizes
?
2016-10-02 01:11:58 UTC
Cookie Scoop
pennybarr
2013-11-20 06:10:57 UTC
Ice Cream Scoops scoop up at least 1/2 cup or more of ice cream. Some scoops have a release bar and some don't. Ice cream scoops usually have one handle. Cookie scoops usually hold a maximum 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and always have a release bar, often two release bars and usually have two handles that you squeeze together. Both scoops come in different sizes but ice cream scoops always hold more product than a cookie scoop will. You can try using a measuring spoon coated with a little cooking spray or butter, so the cookie dough will release easily.
Nikki P
2013-11-20 06:53:11 UTC
Scoops or dishers come in all sizes and the size will determine what it might be used for.

I suggest you go to a restaurant supply store and check out the scoops there.

There is no difference. Look for a scoop that has a thumb trigger release not one that just pushes out the product. The best ones have a metal band that sweeps the inside of the scoop.

The size of the scoop will be determined by a number. Look for one that is at least 18-8 stainless steel. They are stronger.
Happiest in the kitchen.
2013-11-20 08:58:29 UTC
Cookie scoops are smaller, and they need a stronger hinges to be able to handle ejecting cookie dough.
C.M. C
2013-11-20 06:55:13 UTC
Summer, my wife uses the same scoop. Must be why we get a decent sized cookie....lolol
2016-03-13 10:31:02 UTC
Gelato is ice cream with gelatin added.
2013-11-20 06:10:15 UTC
Same product
Raatz
2013-11-20 09:10:24 UTC
Yes. Not sure how big those are, but they're the same.
?
2013-11-20 08:30:51 UTC
nothin really they do same thing i think its just another way to make money