Question:
What is the history on Vinegar Pie and when did it orginate and why?
suzy girl
2006-01-24 08:29:01 UTC
I know they had to use vinegar because they didn't have any citrus but I don't know when.
Five answers:
topnotch_xi
2006-04-02 11:46:15 UTC
Here are some links to vinegar pie recipes. They all seem to indicate that the vinegar pie was created when lemons were not available (such as during the winter). One site (foodtv.com) mentions this being a favorite about 100 years ago.
?
2016-09-24 17:52:51 UTC
Vinegar Pie History
sohiniismoi
2006-04-02 03:15:36 UTC
i hate vinegar its SICK but i like it with salt chips n all that history

Vinegar pies are one of the old georgian classic recipes-they are a kind of flan, a tart kind of flan at that. Any kind of vinegar can be used.
caddocom
2006-01-24 08:54:44 UTC
bartzturkeymom
2006-04-01 20:38:31 UTC