Question:
what year was lemon pie created?
2011-11-15 10:03:52 UTC
what year was lemon pie created?
Three answers:
fyrstdaywalker
2011-11-15 10:09:05 UTC
I can't find the year, but lemon crusted pies have been around since Medieval times. Lemon meringue pie was perfected in the 17th century. The earliest recipe recorded was attributed by Alexander Frehse... Damn now I'm hungry. Thanks a lot! ^_^
?
2011-11-15 18:10:10 UTC
Sometime around 1774. When the Boston tea party began, the patriots needed something that went well with their coffee. Lemon pie was a natural. The British may have turned their noses up at it, but they've continued to drink an inferior beverage with their pie ever since.
Twevle R
2011-11-15 18:09:00 UTC
A recipe for lemon pie,was originally published in 1894