Question:
What can you use instead of eggs, buttermilk, or egg substitutes to make breadcrumbs stick?
heatherrr323
2006-03-31 11:00:14 UTC
What can you use instead of eggs, buttermilk, or egg substitutes to make breadcrumbs stick?
Eight answers:
african.violet
2006-03-31 11:04:48 UTC
Olive Oil

Orange Juice
shirlandjerry@yahoo.com
2006-03-31 11:09:44 UTC
You can use pam spray and you can even mix a little regular slice of bread, cut up real fine with the breadcrumbs, it helps it to stick better, especially if you are making meatballs.
hogan.enterprises
2006-03-31 11:02:58 UTC
On the rare occasion that I actually use bread crumbs as a coating and don't use an egg wash, I use 2% milk, or skim milk thickened with a bit of corn starch.
abfabmom1
2006-03-31 11:02:23 UTC
Yogurt

salad dressing

liquid non-dairy creamer

hummus

chip dip

water?
colourshift
2006-03-31 12:05:50 UTC
I've heard of people using Miracle Whip, or Mayonnaise...as well as yogurt.
AsianFoodie
2006-04-02 17:21:21 UTC
cornstarch + water, then dip into breadcrumbs.
iLUVashlee
2006-03-31 11:28:32 UTC
Glue.
Mrsjvb