Question:
Has anyone used the microwave for baking? I haven't - nervous it may not turn out!?
2006-03-30 11:26:35 UTC
Has anyone used the microwave for baking? I haven't - nervous it may not turn out!?
Six answers:
Freakout-Madness
2006-03-30 14:59:25 UTC
Yes, you can! I was watching TV and saw a Food Network episode of Ham on the Street all about microwave cooking. It had brownies, chicken curry, and cornbread eggs benedict. I am actually going to try the curry recipe eventually. The episode guide and recipes are below.
counterstriker_gta
2006-03-30 19:30:56 UTC
Never use your microwave for baking! The cake (or whatever your trying to bake) would explode. Use an oven. Ask a scientist if you dont believe me. Good luck!
mary
2006-03-30 20:19:17 UTC
I have a muffin cook book that has a section on muffins which can be baked in the microwave...It can be done. According to the author, they taste fine, but dont brown, so you should ice them so they don't look gross. I think you also need to adjust the dry/wet ingredient ratio a little bit.
swoody17
2006-03-30 19:55:39 UTC
You can use the microwave for baking...but it taste crappy! Just stick to the oven if you have one....plus you wont really be able to do larger things in a tiny microwave...
nicoleinitaly2001
2006-04-03 20:08:33 UTC
george duran on the food network's "ham on the street" did an entire show on microwave cooking.

he definitely made brownies, so yes it is possible.
ericamohod
2006-03-30 19:41:47 UTC
YES I HAVE AND MY CAKE, BROWNIES AND BREAD TURNED OUT GREAT. I USE MY MICRO. TO COOK EVERYTHING. YOU JUST HAVE TO ADJUST A FEW INGRED;(i.e. ADD MORE H2O, LESS OIL) TO PREVENT DRYNESS. YOUR FOOD WILL NOT EXPLODE YOUR BAKING NOT MAKING A SCIENCE PROJECT.