Question:
Does anyone have the recipe used to make the chile con queso from El Toritos Restaurant? It was so delicious.
tmcgavock8598
2006-02-27 17:27:09 UTC
I remember the waitress telling me it had different kinds of cheeses in it and it was always served with fried tortilia chips. Oh it makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
One answer:
Liz
2006-02-27 17:48:08 UTC
EL Toritos Chile Con Queso

3/4 cup green chile sauce

3/4 cup chicken stock

6 ounces mild Cheddar or a combination of Cheddar and Monterey jack, grated

In a heavy saucepan, bring the chile sauce and stock to a boil. Sprinkle in the cheese. Stir quickly, cover the pan, and remove it from the heat. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.

Uncover; stir again if needed to help the cheese melt evenly, and add salt to taste. Keep heated over a warming tray or in a chafing dish.

Serve with tortilla chips.