Question:
Sourdough Yeast?
literalyfun
2008-04-06 16:46:11 UTC
Does anyone know where to buy, online, this type of yeast? I can find regular yeast, bakers yeast, ect...but no sourdough yeast in the stores around my home....
Three answers:
Dottie R
2008-04-06 17:50:43 UTC
I've never heard of sourdough yeast. Are you possibly thinking of sourdough starter? Or is someone pulling your leg? Most sourdoughs are made with a starter, but I've given you a link below to a recipe that uses yogurt and yeast instead of the more traditional sourdough starter.
David H
2008-04-07 01:44:03 UTC
Google sourdough starters for sale. It will give you a huge list of places to buy it from. You reconstitute it by adding warm water and flour. It takes 24 to 48 hours to become fully active. Many beer making supply stores carry it and Bev Mo also carries it. Here are a couple of other sites for you to try also. I have 5 starters and give some away each time I feed my starter so I dont have to toss it if im not baking that day. I swear by the last link below. It's sourdough international. I have several of their books and love their site ant the products I have purchased from them.
2008-04-06 17:09:30 UTC
no.. this is first i am hearing it